Thursday, March 9, 2017

68: This is so Awesomely Random

My friend Katie and I co-conspire for small and large Random Acts of Kindness. I've been sitting on this great organization called Random Act of Flowers for a while, because I thought it would be so cute for Mother's Day. Then I thought"wait, it's supposed to be random." Randomly, with my mom in  mind, I'm sharing it with you today, and I love it. "Random Acts of Flowers improves the emotional health and well-being of individuals in health care facilities by delivering recycled flowers, encouragement and personal moments of kindness." (http://randomactsofflowers.org)
I love the concept and happiness Random Acts of Flowers brings, but I also like the repurposing aspect. They partner with major florists, flower companies,  grocery stores and funeral homes then volunteers separate and rebuild new arrangements to distribute. They accept donations of flowers from events like weddings or big birthday parties and donations of vases of the right size. Located in Chicago, Tampa Bay, Silicon Valley, Knoxville, and Indianapolis for now, I am hoping they find more cities in which to add this great service. ProFlowers donates one dollar from every arrangement to Random Acts of Flowers too. Also, the Renegde company made a DIY for kids (though I absolutely am buying one) that supports the mission too. (http://randomactsofflowers.org/shop/)
"We all benefit when we’re kind and compassionate. The community becomes stronger and people thrive. That’s why we deliver thousands of beautiful bouquets of recycled flowers to those struggling with injury, illness and the aging process every week in neighborhoods all over the country." (http://randomactsofflowers.org/our-mission/)
.





You can find the Donations by the Dozen posts here on google,
or on the Grace Initiative Foundation Tree, LLC's website http://www.graceinit.org/donations-by-the-dozen.html where you can enter your email to subscribe for an email daily dose of Donations by the Dozen.
Our email is DonationsByTheDozen@gmail.com.
Thanks and cheers to charity


No comments:

Post a Comment