Sunday, March 12, 2017

71: Happy Birthday to My Amazing Kid Who Loves Basketball

It's my awesome son's birthday today, and he wanted me to find an after school program involving basketball in order to help underprivileged kids. Guess what I found? PeacePlayers International, "Based on the premise that children who play together can learn to live together, we implement consistent, year-round sports activities that bring together children from opposite sides of religious, ethnic and cultural divides to develop friendship and mutual respect." PeacePlayers International started with two brothers and now has a presence on four continents, an look at this exceptional list of recognition and awards: https://www.peaceplayersintl.org/about-ppi/awards-and-recognition/ I feel like anyone who's ever played a pickup game knows how easily sports can create camaraderie and team spirit, if even for an hour or two. Using the idea of sports as a bridge formalizes that idea into something positive for kids, which I value highly. Now, if we could just convince some kids I know to stop playing when they were injured, I would be even happier. Happy Birthday, kiddo - I love you.




You can find the Donations by the Dozen posts here on google,
or on the Grace Initiative Foundation Tree, LLC's website http://www.graceinit.org/donations-by-the-dozen.html where you can enter your email to subscribe for an email daily dose of Donations by the Dozen.
Our email is DonationsByTheDozen@gmail.com.
Thanks and cheers to charity

No comments:

Post a Comment