Sunday, April 23, 2017

113: So They Can Play It Again

I share a birthday with quite a few friends, and I like my friends to pick a nonprofit on their birthdays.  So today, a great family friend and excellent musician, Mike Zimmerman, has chosen Musicians Foundation Inc. for our Donations by the Dozen. Happy Birthday, Mike! As you can see from the one pager below, Musicians Foundation Inc. helps professional musicians during times of crisis or need.
If you follow some of the stories of the lives they've helped, http://www.musiciansfoundation.org/lives-changed/,  you will see how hard times, fires, injuries, and more have left professional musicians unable to continue careers. Musicians have a passion and support of their art, and the beauty they create for us unquestionably adds to our fulfillment in life. However, very few musicians end up being superstar millionaires, and they all need our support.  If you look at the following stats, you will see how imperative it is they get help and support always and why Musicians Foundation Inc. truly helps when public support isn to enough or circumstances change for musicians.

Statistics on Musicians

  • The aggregate total income of a professional musician is $55, 561, according to a survey published by the Future of Music Project in 2012. This number includes additional income from non-musical jobs. The aggregate musical income of a professional musician is $34,455 per year.
  • Sound recordings make up an average of 6% of musical artists’ income, according to the Future of Music.
  • Live performance makes up an average of 28% of musical artists’ income, according to the Future of Music.
  • On a 99-cent download, a typical artist may earn 7 to 10 cents, according to The New York Times. (http://www.musiciansfoundation.org/facts-glance/)

http://www.musiciansfoundation.org



You can find the Donations by the Dozen posts here on google,
or on the Grace Initiative Foundation Tree, LLC's website http://www.graceinit.org/donations-by-the-dozen.html where you can enter your email to subscribe for an email daily dose of Donations by the Dozen.
Our email is DonationsByTheDozen@gmail.com.
Thanks and cheers to charity







One thing I wanted to note, because since it became a problem for my nonprofit is this. Even if it says Inc. or LLC or something in the name, an organization may. like Musicians Foundation Inc., still be a nonprofit. For example, I was using LLC, because I had to create an LLC to get the paperwork and banking in place before I could get approved as a nonprofit. Due to sequestration, I took me almost a year (then it's retroactive from the application date), so I forgot to stop using the LLC once I was formally a 501(c)3. I will be fixing that soon, but I wanted any readers to know I always make sure each nonprofit I present to you is legally a functioning nonprofit.

No comments:

Post a Comment