Sunday, January 1, 2017

One for All and All for RAINN

The Donations by the Dozen journey starts here, with RAINN.org, because my devotion to philanthropy also began with RAINN. As a survivor myself, I saw a PSA for RAINN one night after a disturbing episode of a show I watched. I stayed up the entire night researching RAINN and called them the next day to find out more. I think it was a matchmaker's dream, because as our relationship progressed, I also progressed and am thrilled to be in the world of philanthropy full time.

I worked on the online hotline for RAINN and am on the National Leadership Council and Speakers Bureau. I've done various fundraisers and spoken and have felt a mutual support from excellent people every step of the way. I even won the HOPE Award in 2013 for Leadership in Fighting Sexual Violence and Supporting Survivors - best day! Since hope was what I want the Donations by the Dozen journey to inspire, I'm happy to choose RAINN, an organization for all people affected by sexual violence, including family, friends, and loved ones as well as survivors. This donation will help at least one survivor through the hotline, so I wish that survivor all of the hope and healing and my heartfelt empathy. Happy 2017, RAINN - thank you for always being there and for offering HOPE.

In this post, I'd like to also recognize Giving Tuesday, because Giving Tuesday is part of what led to this 2017 donation path. Thanks for being there, GT :)

I'm not sure what formats I will find and that I will always share a picture, but I will be held accountable. Today, a screenshot of the receipt worked just fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment