Monday, January 2, 2017

Two-day: Wounded Warrior Project

I must begin with thanks - thanks to everyone who chooses to serve this country I love. I am humbled and hold you in honor. Thanks also to today's Donations by the Dozen recipient the Wounded Warrior Project who cares for veterans with many programs and with an adaptive style open to change, "As we continue to discover the ever-evolving needs of you and your fellow Wounded Warriors, WWP veteran programs are also ever-evolving, so check back often to see what’s new at Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP)." Knowing the difficulties in change resistant people, imagine how much teamwork, communication, and innovation it takes to incorporate change into an organization this large. Yet, that is exactly what wounded warriors need: adaptive and responsive care. Plus, how lucky are people involved in an organization where "fun" is one of the core values? The vision is to "To foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation's history." A worth vision for more than worthy people.



I started this initiative for a few reasons. As I mentioned before, voting and taxes are duties where we have limited choice and little control over the short or long term results. Philanthropy can be as personal and effective as you wish. I want to spread awareness and offer insight to choices we can make to take more control over the change we want to see, and I wanted to open a conversation about the many organizations we can support and recommend to each other. I am hoping somewhere in this journey, each of you will find inspiration, hope, and initiative. Maybe you will offer me a charity to examine, maybe you will donate or volunteer, maybe you just spread the word about the Donations by the Dozen initiative to friends. At any rate, I hope you join us and find something as we continue. 
My brother solely supports the Wounded Warrior Project as his number one charity. My family annually gifts them from our foundation. But there are two other people who helped me to choose Wounded Warrior Project today. The first is @Machob30 on twitter. In a private message discussion, he was the first person to mention the need for giving every day, and I asked him to be the first person to choose his charity of choice for me to support. Then as I was hurriedly trying to build the new website for the Grace Initiative Foundation Tree, LLC, Jose G from GoDaddy's customer service also mentioned it was his favorite. So for my brother, for Machob30, and for Jose, thanks for choosing the Wounded Warrior Project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment