Sunday, April 16, 2017

106: We can Help with Clean the World

Whenever I travel, I try to preserve the hotel amenities like soap when I can (sometimes I forget things, of course). I bring my own, because I always feel badly about wasting theirs. Then I start wondering what they do with it and plan to figure out a solution for discarded soap the minute I get home. Of course, I get home, things are crazy, I forget. 
Thankfully Clean the World exists for just that purpose. Plus, they recycle more than soap, "The soaps and cleaning products are sanitized, re-packaged and distributed within 60 days to children and families in the United States, Canada and more than 40 countries. (Clean the World has teamed up with more than 1,300 hospitality groups. In just three years after it was initiated, Clean the World has recycled and distributed nearly 10 million bars of soap.) By simply recycling and sanitizing soaps, shampoos and conditioners, thousands of children around the world can be protected from deadly illnesses each day; this is at no cost to the hotel or the hotel guest. It's as simple as this: Soap Saves Lives."(http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4070395.html
https://cleantheworld.org/about-us/resources/

Clean the World does more than just recycle soap, because the soap recycling project includes a water, sanitation, and hygiene program. One way volunteers can help Clean the World put together hygiene kits too. Hotels can participate by enrolling, receiving bins to  recycle then "When the bins are half way full, we provide you with UPS shipping labels and new bins." (https://cleantheworld.org/get-involved/hotel-recycling-program/)Recently during a study of social entrepreneurs, I found out at least 20% of US hotels participate in programs like this. Hyatt hotels, as you can see from the video, participate in Clean the World too. I feel the greatest satisfaction in finding elegant solutions to problems, and Clean the World definitely leaves my heart feeling clean and fresh. 





You can find the Donations by the Dozen posts here on google,
or on the Grace Initiative Foundation Tree, LLC's website http://www.graceinit.org/donations-by-the-dozen.html where you can enter your email to subscribe for an email daily dose of Donations by the Dozen.
Our email is DonationsByTheDozen@gmail.com.
Thanks and cheers to charity



No comments:

Post a Comment