Tuesday, April 18, 2017

108:A Day for Monumental Sites

I love going to Washington DC, and when I am there, I relish my time meandering throughout the National Mall. It's fun to watch people during the day and peaceful when empty at night - as long as you don't accidentally set off the alarm at the Lincoln Memorial (they left the door open, not my fault). Today is the International Day for Monuments and Sites. So many beautiful representations of culture exist throughout our world, and today aims to celebrate and support their preservation and diversity.
I chose the Trust for the National Mall, because I have found so many relaxing and inspiring moments there. Each time I have been to DC has been for training or conferencing on rape and sexual assault. After each day, the National Mall allows me to shed some of the stress and sorrow from the things I have heard that day. This page, http://nationalmall.org/explore-national-mall. gives you a 360 view from the top of the Washington Monument, and the whole site has wonderful information and resources.
Careful attendance to the grounds and monuments keeps the National Mall pristine, but they need our help. To know more about why and what is needed, please click here http://nationalmall.org/FAQs.If you visit the Trust for the National Mall website, you can donate to various projects or to a general fund. Since spring has brought so many beautiful blooms here, I wanted to donate to preserve the cherry blossoms and festival. Happy International Monument and Sites Day - here it's a gorgeous day to visit something awesome.



You can find the Donations by the Dozen posts here on google,
or on the Grace Initiative Foundation Tree, LLC's website http://www.graceinit.org/donations-by-the-dozen.html where you can enter your email to subscribe for an email daily dose of Donations by the Dozen.
Our email is DonationsByTheDozen@gmail.com.
Thanks and cheers to charity





No comments:

Post a Comment